Friday, June 13, 2008

I did it!

I have been married almost 10 years (on July 18th! hooray for us!) and my fry bread has never turned out soft and yummy like I want. I used Grannys simple recipe from our books and some how I did it! It was soooo good.
Any one who wants a great recipe for WHOLE WHEAT bread, I have the recipe for you!! NO white flour (very healthy unlike frybread! haha) and it is very soft not heavy or dry! I got the recipe from Camille Ward who got it from someone who has spent YEARS attending conventions and whatever else about bread. I really think it is the best. So here it is!
You need 7 cups wheat flour 2/3 cup wheat gluten flour
2 1/2 TBL instant yeast 5 cups HOT water
Mix this for 1 Min. and let sit for 10 Min. Then add
2 TBL salt 2/3 cup oil 2/3 cup Honey 2 1/2 TBL lemon juice
Knead for 1 Min (always measure the oil first then when you measure the honey and pour it in it will just slide out)
Then add 5 cups Wheat flour 1CUP AT A TIME! Knead on OILED counter top (not floured) for 10 Min the dough will be soft and moist
Turn on oven to 350 for 1 min then turn off
divide dough into 4
Mold each piece and slam it onto the counter 5 times!
Put the molds into your oiled pan and place them in your warm oven for 20 min.
turn your oven back on to 350 and let them bake for 30 min!

0 comments: